It’s official now, the countdown for Lisbon Maker Faire 2015 has begun! Last year’s Maker Faire was a great success, receiving almost 10000 visitors in a little over 2 days. After that, it appears that the Maker revolution is here to stay, and Lisbon will host its second edition of this great event!
eLab in Portugal is also a winner of the Hackerspace Giveaway with the longest entry of 6+ pages! Congratulations! https://t.co/LeluFR0q0w
— LulzBot (@lulzbot3D) 5 março 2015
In eLab’s third week, we’ve continued the projects we had previously started:
- eLab’s logo is almost finished, the circuit is complete, there is only some adjusts left to do to some LEDs. Soon it’ll be visible to everyone above our lab’s door.
- The RFID reader for our entry system control is still in development, it is an ambitious project and has been offering us some difficulties, although we have started to obtain some visible results.
In our second week, after the opening of eLab, several small projects were initiated:
- Desk lamps were installed in each work station to allow better conditions for our activities.
- An acrylic eLab’s logo was made for LEDs to be added later, with the purpose of identifying our Lab from the exterior.
- The RFID card reader project for the entry control system was started this week. The circuit was designed and the components identified.
- A heating system was also initiated, as a project for acrylic bending, through recycled halogen light bulbs from old scanners.
Welcome to eLab’s blog! This will be the first of many posts about the projects developed by the Electrical and Electronics Engineering students, ex-students of the Superior Institute of Engineering in the University of the Algarve and also from other members.